Sunday, September 2, 2012

Another day in Paris


Call me crazy, but what was my first stop on my first full day in Paris?

Apple Store Opera!

As one of the Apple faithful, I had to pay tribute to this special Apple Store.

Why special? It's in an historic building in the shadow of the Paris Opera! Apple made an exception to its " formula" store design in this three-level store.

Once inside, it is business as usual with two Genius Bars, the same products, and lots of helpful people on the floor.

And, the wifi here is much better than that at my hotel...no surprise..


After getting my Apple "fix," I was ready for the rest of my day.

It's been awhile since I've been to the Decorative Arts Museum and the Barbar and Louis Vuitton/Marc Jacobs special exhibits were reaching their ends.

Wanting to see both these exhibits, as well as to again visit some permanent exhibits, particularly the DuBuffets, that's where I spent most of the rest of the day.


Lunch at the Museum's restaurant on its outdoor terrace, was something I could not pass up on a beautiful day.

I enjoyed a Caesar Salad unlike any I've ever had, all in the shadow of the Louvre and the Tuilleries Gardens.


It was mid-afternoon by the time I left the museum. There was still time to window shop in the elegant Rue St. Honore shops.


And, even to discover that the MacDonald's Mac Cafe serves the very French colorful macarons.

Dinner was at another Christian Constant restaurant, Cafe Constant. It also does not take reservations so at 7 p.m., there I was in line to be seated.

When I was here four years ago, we sat downstairs. This time I was in the much larger upstairs dining room at a table between two Americans, of course.

My meal:
To start, gazpacho with avocado mousse, a grilled shrimp, and a strip of bacon.
My main course was the Veal Cordon Bleu, with, at my request (and no added charge) was served with an array of steamed vegetables.
My dessert choice was the Red Fruit Melba.

All delicious.



Both of my dining companions could not pass up the profiteroles that were enrobed in warm chocolate sauce, poured over then table side.

And so ended my first full day in Paris...could not have been better..

No comments: