Monday, January 30, 2012

TEA FOR TWO AT TWO



Today was a special day!

I met my other friend named Mary Ann for tea at Samovar Tea Lounge in Yerba Buena Gardens in San Francisco.



This Mary Ann and I go back further in years of friendship than the Mary Ann about whom I blog regularly. Unfortunately, our work and life schedules keep us from seeing one another regularly.

It is this Mary Ann who was my blog "mentor" who coached me to start my blog. Before I got started I was, and still am, an ardent fan of her blog, No More Commas Period, to which she posts a fascinating tidbit every single day! Check it out, you might just see something about our tea today!

Tea at two in the afternoon today was the perfect get together for the two of us.

We both ordered the Cherry Oat Scone with Devonshire Cream & Jam.



Mary Ann had a steaming cup of Masala Chai.



My tea choice was a pot of Bai Mudan white tea.



We sipped, we ate, we gossiped, we caught up.

Samovar is a bit on the expensive side but, for its fresh and beautifully served wide selection of teas, its tasty food (they also serve Tea meals, Sandwiches, Salads, Brunch and more) and relaxing setting, it's hard to beat. It's easy to get here on public transit or to walk from much of downtown San Francisco.

1 comment:

mary ann said...

I SO enjoyed our tea time ~ thanks for BARTING all the way to SF.