Monday, February 22, 2010

Greek Quick Food in California, Arizona, & Colorado



One of my favorite Christmas 2009 presents was a gift card from Daphne's Greek Cafe. It is one of my favorite places for in informal quick lunch or dinner. I like them so much, I plan to have them cater a party I will be hosting.

I am fortunate enough to have three Daphne's close to my home and office. When I am out and about and hungry for lunch, I usually stop at Daphne's. The food is fresh and tasty and the prices are modest.

Just last week, there were some Daphne's coupons in our newspaper. My morning appointment had run late and by the time I got out of it, I was famished. I stopped at Daphne's in Walnut Creek and ordered the Grilled Chicken Salad...it was a warm day and I took advantage of their outdoor seating.

At Daphne's, you order and pay at the counter and your food is brought to your table.

With my coupon, my salad cost under $5, but even at the full price of about $7, it is a great value...lots of grilled chicken, warm pita bread, and, of course, Tzatziki sauce. Yum!

My other favorites include the freshly carved Gyros; I usually order the Gyros Plate, which comes with Pita, Tzataziki sauce, Greek Salad and Rice Pilaf. I also recommend the Vegetarian Plate which features Spanakopita, Hummus, Falafel, and Dolmas along with the warm Pita, Greek Salad, Rice Pilaf, and Tzatziki Sauce.

Recently, Daphne's has added Burgers to their menu...your choice of a Beef burger, Chicken burger, or Veggie burger. The burgers are served in a pita bread. Frankly, I don't see the need for burgers on a Greek menu, but as restaurants, even moderately priced ones like Daphne's, struggle for customers, I understand the appeal of a burger to some. Daphne's now also offers French Fries in place of Greek Salad and Rice Pilaf on its plates.


.

No comments: