Wednesday, April 15, 2009

AMY ARRIVES!

Amy arrived from Boston on Easter Sunday for a week of California fun.

Picking her up at SFO shortly after noon, I found her cheerful but hungry...so, first order of business was lunch!

This being Easter Sunday, I was not sure what places would be serving informal lunches, and not a big deal Easter dinner. Also, I wasn't even sure what restaurants might be open.

Heading north from the airport, I decided to get off in San Francisco at Fourth Street and give Towns End a try. I knew that the Giants were not playing a home game, so at least we could drive around that part of the Embarcadero.

Also, I love Town's End just about any time of day, but especially like coming here for Sunday brunch...if I am going to a day ballgame on a Sunday, this is where I eat before the ball game. It's a long time San Francisco favorite and the food is always tasty and plentiful.



Amy took a look at the menu and approved. At about 1:30 p.m. on Easter Sunday it was busy but we only had to wait a few minutes to be seated.

While we waited for our meals, we munched on the mini breads and pastries that are just some of the things that make Town's End so special. I had a mini scone and Amy had a little muffin.



Amy ordered the Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwich. I chose the Turkey Club.



My club came with two Potato Latkes, one of Town's End's signature side dishes. Amy's sandwich came with a green salad. Since Amy was the hungry one, I gave her one of my latkes. As you can see, she was happy.



Lunch over, we were ready for the rest of the ride home, just in time to get started on Easter dinner!

I brought home part of my sandwich and all the remaining baked goods...J had a great lunch of our leftovers the next day while Amy and I were out and about.

1 comment:

mary ann said...

One of our favorite restaurants, nice review, Bev!