Friday, March 16, 2012

iPad Day is Today!!!


It's not very often that I don't at least head to my local Apple store on the day of a new product release, even if I am not purchasing...just to take in the festive atmosphere of the long line outside the store.

But, today, given the rain and the fact that I was not getting a new iPad, I did not check out my Apple store.

That is not to say that there was not a new iPad coming to my house.

I had preordered for Jim his very first iPad.

I've spent the week hovering over the FedEx tracking web site wondering why it was sitting in Ontario, California all week long. But finally, on Wednesday night, it was on the move. And shortly after noon today, the FedEx truck was in front of our house with Jim's new iPad. The FedEx delivery person told us that his truck was filled with iPads...I'm sure he's had a great work day delivering them to their eager and happy recipients.

As is the case with Apple products, within minutes, Jim was up and running...he didn't even have to get out of the chair where he had been reading a real book...you know, the kind that is made of paper?




At any rate, Jim is off to new adventures with his iPad and immediately was showing off images in the new retina display...of course my photography and our computer screens do not do these images justice...you have to see the real thing!!!

Have fun Jim!!!

No comments: