Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Book Club Tea Party

It's been a little over a year since "Tea Culture" was published and I'm still being invited to speak at an amazing variety of events.

Today I joined a friend's book club for afternoon tea and talk about "Tea Culture" which was this month's book selection.

For me it was a perfect opportunity to meet new people, share a meal, and sip tea.

They were a great group with lots of questions about drinking and growing tea.

Our menu was two kinds of tea sandwiches: Chicken Salad and Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese.

The hostess made the sandwiches and a delicious salad.

For sweets, she bought mini Key Lime Tarts and Canoli at a local bakery and I made the Green Tea Madeleines from the book.

We drank iced tea, iced tea with lemonade, and hot flowering green tea. I brought some alcoholic tea beverages for them to sample. The Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka was the most popular alcoholic tea....terrific on a hot day like today.

As for those in the group who are not regular tea drinkers, I think that after today's book club meeting, they've all found some tea that they will continue to enjoy regularly!

No comments: