Thursday, July 23, 2009

A WEEK OF CELEBRATIONS

This has been a week of celebrations for me.

Monday, some of my Masters Swim Team buddies took me to lunch at Lark Creek Cafe in Walnut Creek.



If you look carefully, you will see the fresh wild salmon in my sandwich...outstanding meal!

Lark Creek very graciously serves a complimentary dessert to the birthday person. My friends debated between the warm chocolate cupcake and the berry crisp. The crisp won and was large enough for all five of us to share.



Then, Wednesday night, to celebrate the end of my term as President of Mt. Diablo Business Women, the premiere social and networking organization for business women in the San Francisco Bay Area, as far as I am concerned, my Board treated me to dinner at Maria Maria, the innovative Mexican restaurant in Walnut Creek.



Maria Maria is part of the restaurant group owned by the local Dudum family. Carlos Santana collaborated with the restaurant's chef and the Dudums to create the restaurant and its contemporary Mexican menu. His song "Maria Maria" is the inspiration of its name. My favorite dish here is the Chile Relleno. The Chiles are stuffed with vegetables and broiled, not fried. The traditional cheese filling is instead melted around the chiles and accompanied by a spicy tomato sauce. It's a colorful and delicious dish.

Today I enjoyed yet another birthday celebration at Filoli which I will describe in another post.

I am grateful for my supportive friends and colleagues.

No comments: