Monday, January 24, 2011

SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER




NO, my daffodils are not in bloom yet, although some Narcissus and Iceland Poppies are, but I couldn't resist showing off this beautiful bouquet of daffodils that a friend brought to our house the other day...he also brought lunch!! Now this is the kind of friend we all should have.

At any rate, on this day when temperatures were well below zero in Boston, where much of my family lives, I can't resist sharing these cheerful daffodils with you.

My local Trader Joe's and Whole Foods stores have been selling bunches of daffodils for the past few weeks. Buy them all closed up to maximize their time in your home. It took my bouquet three days to look like this, with a few opening each day.

Spring is just two months away!!!

No comments: