Thursday, April 8, 2010

ANNOUNCING TEA CULTURE


Many of you know that I have been awaiting the release of my new book, Tea Culture.

Well, it is finally here...in bookstores and on online booksellers in the entire English-speaking world.

Having seen the book in all its stages of production, I had a pretty good idea of what it looked like. But, when I finally had a copy in my hand, I was surprised and delighted at how beautiful it actually is.

In hard cover, Tea Culture's focus is on tea in modern day culture. It discusses all the different kinds of tea we have available to us. The debate over tea bags vs. loose tea is addressed. Herbal teas, or tisanes, are described. How green tea differs from black tea differs from blue tea or yellow tea or white tea, are explained. There is a section on possible health benefits of teas (yes, they do contain anti-oxidants, but so do fruits and vegetables). And ways to socialize with tea are explored. I've even discovered a company that creates art from used tea bags! To set the stage for tea in our modern lives, I provide a brief history of tea and tea ceremonies.




And, there are lots of tasty original recipes for tea drinks (hot, cold, and alcoholic), as well as recipes for foods to enjoy with your tea.

Tea Culture is beautifully illustrated...so beautiful that some people are treating it as a coffee table book.

I am keeping two copies for myself..one for the kitchen and one for my coffee table. I'm so proud of it!

The price in the United States is $18.95; some booksellers, Amazon.com in particular, are discounting it.

1 comment:

iBeBaconbits said...

Wonderful! I will make sure to let all my tea drinking friends know.